Arts Articles for Thalo Magazine:
I am a regular contributor to Thalo, the online arts publication put out by Grumbacher, a major art supply company.
These articles draw on my experience with both journalism and art — a background that came from receiving a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) in Visual Arts, and working for years as a freelance artist. They are designed for students and professionals in the various arts (visual, graphic, design, film, performing, and more) who want to learn and master new techniques, explore new options, and be inspired by new ideas or interviews with experts.
- Make a Ripple with Stipple
- Letting the Faucet Flow: How to Tap into your Creativity
- Creating your Solo Act: How to Memorize a Monologue
- You Can Make a Claymation Short
- Rock Art: How to Sculpt with Stone
- Innocent Inspiration Through Child’s Play
- Studying Masters for Modern Motivation
- Beyond the Blog: WordPress and Websites
- The Power of Pantone: Forecasting the Future of Fashion and Design
- Winners and Losers in the Game of Logo Redesign
- Mercer Mayer: Breaking through the Limitations of your Inner Critter
- Metal Feathers and Fins: How Welder Joe Pogan became a Wildlife Sculptor
- Take a Deep Breath of Art (Inspiration from Living Walls)